Calling the process of selling a home “intimidating” is a huge understatement! It feels daunting and the potential for failure can be incredibly intimidating. Wouldn’t it be great to crack the code on home selling? To know that you’ve done everything in your power to ensure a quick and profitable sale?
We have compiled our best secrets for you. Before you think about selling, take a look at these top tips!
· Nice to Meet You- Your home’s first impression is more important now than ever. If your exterior is blah or lacking, buyers will move along to the next listing. This is a crucial element that you can’t skip in the home selling process. Take the time to really make your exterior pop! From sprucing up the landscaping and cleaning the surfaces, to adding updated fixtures. It’s important to make a great first impression.
· Money Talk- It’s crucial to price your home correctly. This is a great time to call in the experts for an opinion. Pricing your home well can lead to a bidding war that can potentially make you more money in the end. Plus, pricing affects who is interested in your home and who looks past it for the next option.
· Hire the Right Person for the Job- An agent who knows how to best use the right technology will get your home to buyers. Selling techniques have changed dramatically in the past few years. Let us help by using the best of the best tech to sell your home quickly and easily.
· Shine Bright- You may not turn on all the lamps and overhead lights on a daily basis, but it’s important to do so when attempting to sell your home! Bright and airy spaces attract most people. Open the curtains and blinds throughout the home, turn on the lamps, and make your home look bright and cheerful to potential buyers.
· Check out the Kitchen- If your kitchen looks dated, it can dramatically impact your sale price. Buyers want a great kitchen that they want to be in. (It is the “heart of the home,” after all.) Focus on updating the space as much as you can afford before listing. It could be as simple as new cabinet hardware and paint. Or, it could be as involved as replacing countertops and appliances.
· Go for a Neutral Personality- By taking away personal effects (such as family photos, personalized items, and memorabilia) you will create a space buyers can enter and feel at home. Rather than having to look past the items that make them feel as though they’re in someone else’s home- you can help them to envision themselves living in your space, and ultimately encourage them to buy.
· Stay Magazine Ready- Selling a home comes with a unique lifestyle you may not consider. It’s important to have your home clean and ready to show at a moment’s notice. Stay on top of household chores, avoid cooking smelly foods, never leave dirty dishes in the sink, and ensure clutter is always put away. This way, whenever you receive a showing notification, you can know it’s ready to go!
The home selling code isn’t hard to learn. It only takes a few simple tricks. With these tips, you can be sure your home will become one of those home selling success stories! Find out more on how we make your home stand out when you sell with the BC Home Team.
Photo by Binyamin Mellishon Pexels